Is lymphangioleiomyomatosis serious?

Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is a serious lung disease with a number of symptoms, including shortness of breath after physical exertion; chest pain that increases when inhaling, coughing that may include bloody phlegm, wheezing, and blood in the urine. Other common symptoms include collapsed lung, body fluids building up inside the lungs, and swollen lymph nodes. These symptoms may get progressively worse as the LAM cells and cysts expand in the lungs, and may eventually be fatal.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

Should I talk to my doctor about my lymphangioleiomyomatosis symptoms?
You should talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). L...
What are the treatment options for lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Unfortunately, there are no current treatments available to keep lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) cell...
How do medications treat lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Unfortunately, there are no current treatments available to prevent lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) c...
Can men be affected by lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) can affect men; however, it is extremely rare. Although it is unknown...