How do I care for someone with lymphangioleiomyomatosis?

Because there is no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), the most important aspect of caring for people with LAM involves keeping them healthy. Make sure they are eating a well-balanced diet, exercising as much as their condition will allow, and (if they smoke) helping them quit smoking can give people with LAM a higher quality of life. People with LAM should get an annual flu shot, as well as a pneumonia shot every five years to help keep their lungs healthy.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

How do I manage my lymphangioleiomyomatosis on a daily basis?
Because there is no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), the most important aspect of daily mana...
Can I spread my lymphangioleiomyomatosis to others?
Although the cause of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is unknown, it is supposedly connected to two s...
How does lymphangioleiomyomatosis affect the body?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) affects the body in a number of different ways, though most of them o...
Should I talk to my doctor about my lymphangioleiomyomatosis symptoms?
You should talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). L...