Can I spread my lymphangioleiomyomatosis to others?

Although the cause of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is unknown, it is supposedly connected to two separate factors. The first is a series of genetic defects that people with LAM share with those with tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC), which suggest that LAM is a genetic disease. The second is connected to estrogen levels, which helps explain why LAM is primarily found in women. In either case, there is no evidence that LAM is contagious.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

Does lymphangioleiomyomatosis affect children differently than adults?
Except for rare cases, lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is only found in adult women. Most women who g...
How do medications treat lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Unfortunately, there are no current treatments available to prevent lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) c...
Is there a cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Unfortunately, there is currently no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). Medications for people...
What are the symptoms of lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
There are a number of common symptoms associated with lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), including shor...