Can I spread my lymphangioleiomyomatosis to others?

Although the cause of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is unknown, it is supposedly connected to two separate factors. The first is a series of genetic defects that people with LAM share with those with tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC), which suggest that LAM is a genetic disease. The second is connected to estrogen levels, which helps explain why LAM is primarily found in women. In either case, there is no evidence that LAM is contagious.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

Does lymphangioleiomyomatosis affect children differently than adults?
Except for rare cases, lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is only found in adult women. Most women who g...
How do I care for someone with lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Because there is no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), the most important aspect of caring for...
How do I manage my lymphangioleiomyomatosis on a daily basis?
Because there is no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), the most important aspect of daily mana...
Should I talk to my doctor about my lymphangioleiomyomatosis symptoms?
You should talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). L...