Can men be affected by lymphangioleiomyomatosis?

Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) can affect men; however, it is extremely rare. Although it is unknown how a person acquires LAM, LAM is believed to be related to estrogen. This hormone is much more abundant in women than in men.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

What is lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is a rare, eventually deadly lung disease that usually occurs in wome...
How do I manage my lymphangioleiomyomatosis on a daily basis?
Because there is no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), the most important aspect of daily mana...
Can lymphangioleiomyomatosis be prevented?
Since the cause of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is not known, it is not known whether it can be pr...
What are the treatment options for lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Unfortunately, there are no current treatments available to keep lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) cell...