Are there alternative treatments for lymphangioleiomyomatosis?

There are no current treatments available to prevent lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) cells and cysts from growing. Even traditional medicine focuses more on relieving the discomfort of the condition. Alternative methods that can also serve this purpose include helpful actions like staying healthy by eating a well-balanced diet, exercising as much as the condition will allow, and quitting smoking. Although these habits won't actually treat the disease, they will improve the quality of life for people with LAM.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

Does lymphangioleiomyomatosis affect children differently than adults?
Except for rare cases, lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is only found in adult women. Most women who g...
How do I care for someone with lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Because there is no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), the most important aspect of caring for...
What increases my risk for lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Because the cause of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is not known, it is not entirely known what incr...
What is lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is a rare, eventually deadly lung disease that usually occurs in wome...