Are there alternative treatments for lymphangioleiomyomatosis?

There are no current treatments available to prevent lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) cells and cysts from growing. Even traditional medicine focuses more on relieving the discomfort of the condition. Alternative methods that can also serve this purpose include helpful actions like staying healthy by eating a well-balanced diet, exercising as much as the condition will allow, and quitting smoking. Although these habits won't actually treat the disease, they will improve the quality of life for people with LAM.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

Does lymphangioleiomyomatosis affect children differently than adults?
Except for rare cases, lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is only found in adult women. Most women who g...
What are the symptoms of lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
There are a number of common symptoms associated with lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), including shor...
How do I manage my lymphangioleiomyomatosis on a daily basis?
Because there is no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), the most important aspect of daily mana...
Is there a cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Unfortunately, there is currently no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). Medications for people...