What are lymphangiomas?

Lymphangiomas are caused when the channels of the lymphatic system become enlarged due to benign tumors. They form bumps or sacs that can erupt and sometimes discolor the skin. The lymphatic system is a network of pathways that carry lymph throughout the body and is closely tied to the immune system.

Continue Learning about Lymphangiectasia

What do I need to know about caring for someone with lymphangiectasia?
Because the body's ability to digest fat and protein is compromised, people with intestinal lymphang...
Is lymphangiectasia life-threatening?
Lymphangiectasia, a disorder of the lymphatic system that in most cases affects the small intestine,...
Are lymphangiomas serious?
If they affect the throat or mouth, lymphangiomas can be serious. They are non-cancerous tumors of t...
Should I be worried about lymphangiectasia?
Lymphangiectasia is a rare disorder of the lymphatic system that in most cases affects the small int...