Are lymphangiomas serious?

If they affect the throat or mouth, lymphangiomas can be serious. They are non-cancerous tumors of the lymphatic system and when they grow in certain areas they can hinder eating or breathing. Lymphangiomas are rarely fatal, with only a three percent mortality rate.

Continue Learning about Lymphangiectasia

What do I need to know about caring for someone with lymphangiectasia?
Because the body's ability to digest fat and protein is compromised, people with intestinal lymphang...
What are lymphangiomas?
Lymphangiomas are caused when the channels of the lymphatic system become enlarged due to benign tum...
Should I be worried about lymphangiectasia?
Lymphangiectasia is a rare disorder of the lymphatic system that in most cases affects the small int...
What is the rate of incidence for lymphangiectasia?
Lymphangiectasia is a very rare disorder, usually disrupting the small intestine's ability to digest...