Should I talk to my doctor about symptoms of Lyme disease?

You should talk to your doctor if you experience the symptoms of Lyme disease. If the tick has not been removed, your doctor will be able to help take it out. Furthermore, your doctor can start you on antibiotics to begin to treat Lyme disease. The sooner treatment begins the better chance for improved outcomes and fewer future problems.

Continue Learning about Lyme Disease

Know the Symptoms of Lyme Disease
Know the Symptoms of Lyme Disease
The CDC gets 30,000 reports annually about Americans with Lyme disease. But they discovered the actual number of folks diagnosed with the infection is...
Is it possible for my husband to have both Lyme disease and babesiosis?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Yes, it certainly does happen. And for good reason: both diseases can be transmitted by the same tic...
What are the neurological complications of lyme disease?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Lyme disease is caused by a bacterial organism transmitted to humans via the bite of an infected tic...
Four Tips to Stop Ticks and Prevent Lyme Disease