What is lycopene used for?

Lycopene is an antioxidant used in the body primarily to fight the cell damage caused by free radicals that lead to illnesses like cancer and heart disease. Lycopene also helps to fight asthma related inflammation, diabetes, skin problems, and dental conditions like gingivitis. Lycopene also helps to fight cell damage from environmental and food-borne toxins, like smoking and sunburn.

Continue Learning about Lycopene

Why is lycopene good for me?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant and can even reduce your risk for prostate cancer. In this vi...
What are good sources of lycopene?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, an important antioxidant linked to reduced risk for cancer and he...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking lycopene?
Lycopene is general considered safe for consumption, but like with any medicine, if you are taki...
What's the Best Way to Eat Tomatoes to Get the Most Lycopene?