How does lycopene work?

Lycopene is an antioxidant, it neutralizes free radicals. Lycopene is not water soluble and is resistant to breakdown caused by heat, which makes the lycopene more available to the body. Although direct correlation of lycopene and treatment or prevention of disease has not been firmly established, lycopene appears to support cardiovascular, eye, and prostate health as well as promoting general well-being and fighting disease.

Continue Learning about Lycopene

Who should not use lycopene?
Lycopene should not be consumed if you are allergic to the food or product that contains lycopen...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking lycopene?
Lycopene is general considered safe for consumption, but like with any medicine, if you are taki...
What is the best way to take lycopene?
The best way to take lycopene is through consuming a variety of fruits, vegetables. Lycopene bec...
What's the Best Way to Eat Tomatoes to Get the Most Lycopene?