What are the risks of lupus?

Lupus is a disease that can have widespread, whole-body effects. Risks can involve multiple organ systems. Specific examples include your skin, by causing rash and sun sensitivity, kidneys via inflammation, and the heart, by inflaming its lining. Women can  have fertility and menstrual issues. Joints can become inflamed as well as the blood vessels and lung tissues.

Continue Learning about Lupus

My Story: Trachele and Lupus
My Story: Trachele and Lupus
Not knowing what the condition was, Trachele was terrified when she got her lupus diagnosis. In this video, she shares her journey of understanding th...
What is lupus in children?
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune condition affecting the joints, skin, and internal organs.Lupus affect...
What is the best way to cope with fatigue caused by lupus?
The majority of people with lupus experience chronic tiredness and fatigue. Some find this symptom s...
How is lupus fog diagnosed?
Certain neurological exams can determine if you are having difficulty with cognition and have lupus ...