What are the risks of lupus?

Lupus is a disease that can have widespread, whole-body effects. Risks can involve multiple organ systems. Specific examples include your skin, by causing rash and sun sensitivity, kidneys via inflammation, and the heart, by inflaming its lining. Women can  have fertility and menstrual issues. Joints can become inflamed as well as the blood vessels and lung tissues.

Continue Learning about Lupus

Pop Star Selena Gomez Treated for Lupus
Pop Star Selena Gomez Treated for Lupus
Pop star Selena Gomez revealed to Billboard magazine that she has the autoimmune disease lupus. Rumors swirled when the she checked into an Arizona re...
How can I keep my lupus in remission?
Suhail Kumar, MDSuhail Kumar, MD
Remission in lupus can be maintained by multiple techniques.  Eating healthy, protecting against sun...
What are the symptoms of lupus nephritis?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Lupus nephritis is a kind of lupus-related kidney disease that affects the kidneys and can result in...
What Is Lupus Nephritis?
What Is Lupus Nephritis?