How is lupus fog diagnosed?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Certain neurological exams can determine if you are having difficulty with cognition and have lupus fog. You may be given blood tests, spinal fluid analysis, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), uses magnetic signals to create image "slices" of the human body, electroencephalogram (EEG), record of the tiny electrical impulses produced by the brain's activity, or brain tomography (to visualize a specific area of the brain) to find out more. These exams can also determine if you do, in fact, have lupus fog and not a more serious problem such as stroke.

Continue Learning about Lupus

My Story: Kimmy and Lupus
My Story: Kimmy and Lupus
In this video, Kimmy shares the box of "chronic illness tools" that help her manage lupus and other disorders. Hear what she has to say about listenin...
What is lupus fog?
Lupus fog, also known as cognitive dysfunction or cognitive impairment, is a condition of those indi...
How can I keep my lupus in remission?
Suhail Kumar, MDSuhail Kumar, MD
Remission in lupus can be maintained by multiple techniques.  Eating healthy, protecting against sun...
What Is Lupus Nephritis?
What Is Lupus Nephritis?