What are flare warning signs and ways to prevent them?

For someone with lupus, a flare (an increase in symptom intensity) may have several warning signs. These include increased tiredness; joint, abdominal, and headache pain; rash; and fever. To prevent flares, stay out of the sun, increase the amount of rest you get, and pay attention to any actions or events that are likely to cause flares (e.g. staying in the sun too long) and avoid them.

Continue Learning about Lupus Symptoms

Should I talk to my doctor about my lupus fog symptoms?
You should speak to a doctor if you are beginning to feel the symptoms of lupus fog. A physician wil...
How common is lupus?
Around 16,000 Americans develop lupus each year. It is most common in young women; about 90 percent ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my lupus symptoms?
If you are consistently tired, have joint pain, fever, or rash, you should talk to your doctor. The ...
What are the symptoms of lupus fog?
Symptoms of lupus fog can occur at any time in an individual that has been diagnosed with lupus, but...