Should I talk to my doctor about my lupus fog symptoms?

You should speak to a doctor if you are beginning to feel the symptoms of lupus fog. A physician will be able to tell - through neurological examination - if you are experiencing cognitive dysfunction. Your doctor will also be able to tell if you have symptoms of something more serious, such as stroke or inflammation. In these instances, time is of the essence, so visiting a doctor as soon as possible is important. Your doctor may also be able to refer you to a cognitive therapist, who can help you with concentration and give you ways of coping when you experience episodes of fog.

Continue Learning about Lupus Symptoms

How common is lupus?
Around 16,000 Americans develop lupus each year. It is most common in young women; about 90 percent ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my lupus symptoms?
If you are consistently tired, have joint pain, fever, or rash, you should talk to your doctor. The ...
What are flare warning signs and ways to prevent them?
For someone with lupus, a flare (an increase in symptom intensity) may have several warning signs. T...
Will my lupus symptoms ever go away entirely?
Lupus is a disease characterized by periods when symptoms intensify (flares) and subside (remission)...