Depending on the patient's blood type, most patients in the New York region wait an average of six to twelve months before transplantation. During this waiting period, it is critical that patients maintain good nutrition, an exercise program, and overall health, so that they will be strong enough for surgery when a donor organ becomes available.
- Q What are the different types of lung transplants?
- Q What happens during a consultation for lung transplant surgery?
- Q How does VATS help diagnose interstitial lung disease?
- Q Who is part of a lung transplant team?
- Q What happens during a lung transplant evaluation?
- Q Who can benefit from a lung transplant?