Brown lung disease, also known as byssinosis or cotton lung disease, is one of many environmental lung illnesses. It is a respiratory illness that results from inhaling the dust during the processing of products such as cotton and hemp. Small airways clog up and lungs cannot function as they should.
- Q Does brown lung disease affect children differently than adults?
- Q What are the symptoms of brown lung disease?
- Q How does brown lung disease affect the body?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with brown lung disease?
- Q What are the treatment options for brown lung disease?
- Q How is brown lung disease diagnosed?