Brown lung disease, also known as byssinosis or cotton lung disease, is one of many environmental lung illnesses. It is a respiratory illness that results from inhaling the dust during the processing of products such as cotton and hemp. Small airways clog up and lungs cannot function as they should.
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my brown lung disease symptoms?
- Q What are the treatment options for brown lung disease?
- Q What causes brown lung disease?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for brown lung disease?
- Q What increases my risk for brown lung disease?
- Q How do other illnesses affect brown lung disease?