What increases my risk for respiratory disorders?

You may be at higher risk for respiratory (lung) disease if you:
  • smoke or are around secondhand smoke
  • have chronic (long-term) lung disease
  • come into contact with allergens or environmental triggers
Diet and nutrition are also thought to play a role in the development of chronic lung disease.

Continue Learning about Lung Disease and Respiratory System

How can I prevent bronchitis?
To help prevent acute bronchitis: Avoid smoking. Avoid exposure to second-hand smoke and do not ...
Does PAP affect adults differently than children?
Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (PAP) is a rare lung disease occurring in both adults and children. T...
How should I treat a wet cough?
If your cough is accompanied by mucus, it’s classified as a wet cough. Look for a syrup or pill with...
Everything You've Always Wanted to Know About Mucus
Everything You've Always Wanted to Know About MucusEverything You've Always Wanted to Know About MucusEverything You've Always Wanted to Know About MucusEverything You've Always Wanted to Know About Mucus
But were too grossed out to ask, such as what does green snot even mean? Mucus gets a bad rap. Slimy and gelatinous, we often wrongly dismiss it as a...