What happens when I don’t take in enough oxygen?

Pam Grout
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

If you only breathe about half of what's possible, you're probably settling for about half of what life has to offer. If you breathe with gusto and take in every last ounce of oxygen that's available to you, you undoubtedly approach life the same way.

People who don't get enough oxygen often fight depression. And from my experience, it's pretty difficult to stay down in the dumps once you fully oxygenate your body. Your breathing is a near-perfect representation of your willingness to dive into life.

Jumpstart Your Metabolism: How To Lose Weight By Changing The Way You Breathe

If you've tried every conceivable combination of diet and exercise and still can't shed those extra pounds, then perhaps you haven't discovered the hidden key to weight loss -- proper breathing. By...

Continue Learning about Lung Disease and Respiratory System

Why You Need to Quit Smoking After a Lung Cancer Diagnosis
Odds are, you’re aware that cigarette smoking is a big-time contributor to lung cancer. It’s the number one risk factor for developing the disease, an...
What research is there on aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease (AERD)?
Tanya M. Laidlaw, MDTanya M. Laidlaw, MD
Two ongoing clinical trials at Brigham and Women's Hospital are on aspirin-exacerbated respiratory d...
Why shouldn't I live too close to a freeway or major road?
One of the strongest toxins in the air is PM2.5, which is an abbreviation for "Particulate Matter wi...
How Can I Tell If My Partner Really Has Sleep Apnea?