How can I treat my bronchitis symptoms?

How you treat your bronchitis depends on your specific symptoms. The goal is to relieve those that are the most bothersome. Your doctor might recommend these treatments for bronchitis:

• breathing in warm and moist air using humidifier or a warm shower
  • over-the-counter pain medications, including Tylenol and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
  • over-the-counter cough and cold medicines

Continue Learning about Lung Disease and Respiratory System

Why You Need to Quit Smoking After a Lung Cancer Diagnosis
Odds are, you’re aware that cigarette smoking is a big-time contributor to lung cancer. It’s the number one risk factor for developing the disease, an...
What childhood lung diseases require critical care treatment?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
The following is a list of some of some childhood lung diseases that may require critical care:Uncon...
How should I treat a wet cough?
If your cough is accompanied by mucus, it’s classified as a wet cough. Look for a syrup or pill with...
When should I call the doctor about a cough?
Call your doctor if: your cough is not improving after a few weeks you cough up blood you ha...