An uncontrollable cough may indicate an underlying problem. If you have already seen your doctor to make sure this is not the case, some studies suggest that using buckwheat honey may be more likely to soothe your throat than over-the-counter cough suppressants. Other simple things to try include staying well hydrated, using humidifiers at home, and/or using nasal saline spray to help clear out any nasal congestion. Adding honey and squeezed lemon to hot water can also help soothe your throat. You may need a prescription medicine to help suppress the cough, so ask your doctor.
- Q What can cause a cough?
- Q When should I call the doctor about a cough?
- Q How can strength training exercises help people with lung diseases?
- Q What are different types of coughs?
- Q What is interstitial lung disease?
- Q What is a pulmonologist?