Should I be worried about small cell lung cancer?

Sharecare Ad Target User
Administration Specialist

If you are a smoker, you should be worried about small-cell lung cancer, because smokers develop lung cancer at higher rates than non-smokers. Keep in mind that smoking does not mean that you will definitely get lung cancer. No one quite understands why some smokers develop lung cancer and others do not. It is clear, however, that quitting smoking at any point in your life will begin to decrease your chances of lung cancer.

Continue Learning about Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer and the Risk of Serious Infection
Infections are a frequent and potentially fatal complication in patients who have lung cancer. A study published in the Archives of Pathology and Labo...
What is the survival rate for older adults after surgery for lung cancer?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Older adults are among the rapidly growing number of those diagnosed with lung cancer. The good news...
Can patients who have a lobe of the lung removed still live a normal life?
Elwyn C. Cabebe, MDElwyn C. Cabebe, MD
Patients who have a lobe of their lung removed can continue to live a normal life. Watch oncologist ...
What Determines My Odds of Surviving Lung Cancer?