Are lung cancer screenings covered by insurance?

Dr. Behrooz Shabahang, MD
Cardiothoracic Surgeon

Medicare, Medicaid and most commercial insurance companies provide coverage for lung cancer screening for people determined to be at high risk for lung cancer. People should check with their insurance provider to determine if lung cancer screening is covered.

Continue Learning about Lung Cancer

Differences Between Small Cell and Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Lung cancers fall into two broad categories, small cell and non-small cell. Of the two, non-small cell is more common, accounting for 85 percent of ca...
How can I reduce my risk of lung cancer if I'm a nonsmoker?
Nonsmokers can get lung cancer, but their risk is much lower than that of smokers. One study looked ...
What is mesothelioma lung cancer?
Lyall A. Gorenstein, MDLyall A. Gorenstein, MD
Mesothelioma occurs mainly in men over the age of 50 and is frequently associated with prior environ...
Why Family is Everything for Mob Wives’ Big Ang