What do I need to know about caring for someone with lung cancer?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

In caring for a person with lung cancer, it is important to remember the effects the disease has, both physical and psychological. People with lung cancer may need help accomplishing daily tasks such as preparing meals, getting dressed, or running errands. They may also need help dealing with side effects of treatment such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, as well as pain and difficulty breathing. It is also important to talk to somebody with cancer, as well as listen. Just being available and providing company can help reduce the anxiety related to the disease.

Continue Learning about Lung Cancer

Are lung cancer screenings covered by insurance?
Dr. Behrooz Shabahang, MDDr. Behrooz Shabahang, MD
Medicare, Medicaid and most commercial insurance companies provide coverage for lung cancer screenin...
What is small cell lung cancer?
Small cell lung cancer is often a lethal disease, although it can be cured, and chances are you'll b...
What increases my risk for lung cancer?
The main risk factor for lung cancer is smoking, with approximately 90 percent of lung cancers being...
How does asbestos cause lung cancer?
Asbestos is a mineral that is made up of tiny fibers and can be found naturally in the environment. ...