Are dizziness or changes in vision signs of lung cancer?

Dizziness or changes in vision would only be symptoms of a very advanced lung cancer. These also could be symptoms of any advanced malignancy (or could potentially signify spread of cancer to the brain—not typical of lung cancer).

Not typically. In rare cases in which there has been spread (or metastases) of the cancer to the brain, certain affected areas can lead to dizziness or visual changes. In other rare situations, lung cancer can change the movement of blood and air in the lung. If the patient already has impaired lung function such as emphysema, then this could lead to lower oxygen levels in the blood which might also manifest as feeling faint or dizzy. Bottom line, however, is that these symptoms are not usually associated with lung cancer.

Dizziness and changes in vision are not commonly associated with lung cancer. If your symptoms are out of the ordinary or persist, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Lung Cancer Symptoms

Does coughing up phlegm mean I have lung cancer?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
There are many reasons why people have a cough that produces phlegm. Most new coughs are related to ...
What could cause my toes to bump upward at the tips?
Toes that bump upward at the tips could indicate lung cancer. This is known as “digital clubbing.” I...
What Are the Most Common Signs of Lung Cancer?
What Is the Treatment for a Nodule Detected During Lung Cancer Screening?