What is lower GI bleeding?

Lower gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding in not actually a disease, but it is usually an indicator of another, possibly more serious, problem. Lower GI bleeding can originate anywhere in your digestive tract from the lower part of your small intestine and all the way down to the anus. Small amounts of bleeding can go unnoticed if it is minor. The reason for lower GI bleeding needs to be diagnosed so the bleeding and the cause can be treated.

Continue Learning about Lower Gastrointestinal (GI) Bleeding

How do I manage my lower GI bleeding on a daily basis?
It's really not possible to manage lower gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding on a daily basis. If you are...
Can lower GI bleeding have any complications?
Lower gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding actually is a complication of another condition. What you a...
Can lower GI bleeding be prevented?
Lower gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding is part of a bigger problem, so to avoid lower GI bleeding, you...
Is lower GI bleeding serious?
Lower gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding can be very serious. While the blood you see could merely be mi...