Which whole grains should I eat to increase my longevity?

Whole grains are the next level up. Whole grains are high in fiber and necessary to colon health. Teff, amaranth, and millet are whole grains popular in other parts of the world but now widely available in the US. These whole grains are high in protein. One key to longevity is getting more of your protein from plants instead of animal sources. They are also high in calcium, which helps to strengthen bones, and Omega-3 fats which are critical to brain health. Millet is also a great source of B-complex vitamins.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Longevity

The Secret to a Long, Independent Life
The Secret to a Long, Independent Life
Concerned about staying mobile and independent well into your golden years? Try this sure-fire strategy: Go for a walk.  A study led by researchers a...
Why has human life span increased over the years?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
Humans did not reach this maximum human life span because of acute events such as trauma and infecti...
Top 8 Ways to Lower Your RealAge
Top 8 Ways to Lower Your RealAgeTop 8 Ways to Lower Your RealAgeTop 8 Ways to Lower Your RealAgeTop 8 Ways to Lower Your RealAge
Find out how to live younger and feel your best.
3 Creamy Snacks That Boost Your Health
3 Creamy Snacks That Boost Your Health