Which whole grains should I eat to increase my longevity?

Whole grains are the next level up. Whole grains are high in fiber and necessary to colon health. Teff, amaranth, and millet are whole grains popular in other parts of the world but now widely available in the US. These whole grains are high in protein. One key to longevity is getting more of your protein from plants instead of animal sources. They are also high in calcium, which helps to strengthen bones, and Omega-3 fats which are critical to brain health. Millet is also a great source of B-complex vitamins.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Longevity

Longevity

Longevity

If you think the Fountain of Youth can be found inside a jar, you may want to think again. Longevity wellness isn't about appearing younger; it's about protecting your health. Consider increasing your life expectancy from the insi...

de out with things like adding more nuts to your diet, getting better quality sleep and nurturing your healthy relationships. Everything you do can be a step towards a longer life – just make sure they're the right ones.