Q

Longevity

Which whole grains should I eat to increase my longevity?

• A , Cardiology (Cardiovascular Disease), answered

Whole grains are the next level up. Whole grains are high in fiber and necessary to colon health. Teff, amaranth, and millet are whole grains popular in other parts of the world but now widely available in the US. These whole grains are high in protein. One key to longevity is getting more of your protein from plants instead of animal sources. They are also high in calcium, which helps to strengthen bones, and Omega-3 fats which are critical to brain health. Millet is also a great source of B-complex vitamins.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com
    2 people found this helpful.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
Which vegetables should I eat to increase my longevity?