Q

Longevity

How can I keep myself young?

• A , Internal Medicine, answered
    Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? They have joined the RealAge (physiologic age) Revolution. They have given themselves a makeover from the inside out. By following the specific age-reversing recommendations in my book RealAge: Are You as Young as You Can Be?, people who were previously much older physiologically than their chronologic age have now taken ten, fifteen, up to forty years off their biologic age. (Men can be twenty-five years younger and women, twenty-nine years younger than their calendar age.) This is what we call giving yourself a RealAge Makeover: You can significantly transform your health, looks, and life.

And it can be so easy. For example, just developing a habit such as using your cell phone to call friends in time of stress can actually make a real difference in your health and longevity. As word about the RealAge concept spread, and Americans started to see firsthand how small but simple -- and sometimes fun! -- changes in their daily lives could transform their health, so many people have joined the RealAge bandwagon that's it's become a kind of revolution -- a revolution back to great health. And nobody has been more thrilled to see it happen than me.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
How does my attitude affect my lifespan?