Q

Longevity

How can eating certain kinds of fish help me live longer?

• A , Internal Medicine, answered

To live longer and younger, aim for three servings of salmon or trout a week. We love these scaly creatures for their DHA omega-3 fatty acid content and the way they protect our heart, eyes, brain, and waistline. Eating fish also reduces the risk of colon cancer (dietary factors contribute to at least 50% of all diagnosed cases). Toss fish on the grill with some vegetables (that's my favorite way to cook my salmon) or enjoy canned salmon (yup, it's the wild kind) with olive oil or canola oil, mayo, and your favorite seasonings for a fab fish sandwich you and your family would swim upriver for.

3 people found this helpful.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
How can taking aspirin help me live longer?