How can eating certain kinds of fish help me live longer?

To live longer and younger, aim for three servings of salmon or trout a week. We love these scaly creatures for their DHA omega-3 fatty acid content and the way they protect our heart, eyes, brain, and waistline. Eating fish also reduces the risk of colon cancer (dietary factors contribute to at least 50% of all diagnosed cases). Toss fish on the grill with some vegetables (that's my favorite way to cook my salmon) or enjoy canned salmon (yup, it's the wild kind) with olive oil or canola oil, mayo, and your favorite seasonings for a fab fish sandwich you and your family would swim upriver for.

Continue Learning about Longevity

The Secret to a Long, Independent Life
The Secret to a Long, Independent Life
Concerned about staying mobile and independent well into your golden years? Try this sure-fire strategy: Go for a walk.  A study led by researchers a...
Why should I rethink retirement if I want to live longer?
The theory goes like this. At the end of a long career awaits the ultimate stress reduction plan: re...
America's Top 5 Youngest and Oldest Cities
America's Top 5 Youngest and Oldest CitiesAmerica's Top 5 Youngest and Oldest CitiesAmerica's Top 5 Youngest and Oldest CitiesAmerica's Top 5 Youngest and Oldest Cities
Find out where residents have the healthiest and unhealthiest RealAge.
Why You Should Include Sweet Potatoes in Your Dinner