How can I care for someone with central vertigo and dizziness?

When caring for someone with central vertigo and dizziness, it's important to remember that these symptoms can affect them physically, mentally, and emotionally. Vertigo and dizziness can interfere with their ability to perform certain tasks, requiring them to ask or need more assistance. They may also be more prone to unsteadiness, nausea, and vomiting. Providing help when they need to sit and stand can help them avoid falls. Depending upon the disorder of disease causing central vertigo and dizziness, you may need to help them with daily medications and doctor's appointments. Remember that symptoms can vary in type and severity. Make sure you're there to provide emotional support, and help them find other resources, like support groups.

Continue Learning about Living With Vertigo & Dizziness

How do I manage my peripheral vertigo and dizziness on a daily basis?
The best way to manage your peripheral vertigo on a daily basis is to be aware of the circumstances ...
How should I manage vertigo?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you have vertigo: Rest and lie still during the vertigo attack.Move your body slowly, especiall...
How do I manage my objective vertigo and dizziness on a daily basis?
The best way to manage your vertigo on a daily basis is to be aware of the circumstances that trigge...
How do I manage my subjective vertigo and dizziness on a daily basis?