How do other illnesses affect nonstructural scoliosis?

Actually, nonstructural scoliosis is caused by other illnesses and conditions. Nonstructural scoliosis is caused by inflammatory diseases like appendicitis, or muscle spasms or other body abnormalities. Your doctor will try to determine if your nonstructural scoliosis is being caused by one of these conditions so that it may be treated.

Continue Learning about Living With Scoliosis

What do I need to know about caring for someone with infantile scoliosis?
Early diagnosis and treatment is important to prevent progression of infantile scoliosis. Follow up ...
How do I manage my nonstructural scoliosis on a daily basis?
Because nonstructural scoliosis is caused by other, non-spinal conditions, your doctor will want to ...
How long does scoliosis last?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Scoliosis is a life-long condition, but the curving of the spine itself primarily happens when the b...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with scoliosis?
The most important thing to do when caring for someone with scoliosis is to get it diagnosed quickly...