Scoliosis causes the spine to appear as a wavy curve, somewhat like the letters S or C. In mild cases, the worst effect of scoliosis may be a sore back and stiffness from prolonged sitting or standing. In more severe cases of scoliosis, the curve of the spine may become so extreme that it limits the space in the chest cavity, causing breathing problems. If scoliosis is not treated, arthritis and chronic back pain may be present in adulthood.
- Q How does structural scoliosis affect the body?
- Q How do I manage my structural scoliosis on a daily basis?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with infantile scoliosis?
- Q Why should I do abdominal exercises after scoliosis surgery?
- Q How long does scoliosis last?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with structural scoliosis?