The intensity of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) will lessen over time. Getting treatment for symptoms as soon as possible may stop it from becoming a long-term condition. Continued psychotherapy and drug treatment can help you get better. Even with treatment, some people remain disabled from the symptoms caused by the traumatic event.
- Q What is post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?
- Q Could I have post traumatic stress disorder with a severe burn injury?
- Q How do I manage my post-traumatic stress disorder a daily basis?
- Q If I am diagnosed with PTSD, will it hurt my military career?
- Q How does post-traumatic stress disorder affect my quality of life?
- Q Should I see a doctor or psychologist if I have PTSD?