Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) affects men, women, and children of all ages. Women are at a higher risk of sexual violence and have a probability four times higher than men to develop PTSD. For men, the events that can lead to PTSD are combat, rape, and child abuse. In women it is rape, sexual molestation, physical attack, child abuse, and a threat of bodily harm with a weapon.
- Q How do I manage my post-traumatic stress disorder a daily basis?
- Q How does PTSD affect the veteran’s relationships at home?
- Q Should I see a doctor or psychologist if I have PTSD?
- Q How does post-traumatic stress disorder affect my quality of life?
- Q How is post-traumatic stress disorder related to emotional trauma?
- Q If I am diagnosed with PTSD, will it hurt my military career?