Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) affects men, women, and children of all ages. Women are at a higher risk of sexual violence and have a probability four times higher than men to develop PTSD. For men, the events that can lead to PTSD are combat, rape, and child abuse. In women it is rape, sexual molestation, physical attack, child abuse, and a threat of bodily harm with a weapon.
- Q How does post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) affect the body?
- Q Should I make lifestyle changes if I have post-traumatic stress disorder?
- Q How is post-traumatic stress disorder related to emotional trauma?
- Q What is post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?
- Q How does PTSD affect the veteran’s relationships at home?
- Q What is post-traumatic relationship disorder?