Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) affects men, women, and children of all ages. Women are at a higher risk of sexual violence and have a probability four times higher than men to develop PTSD. For men, the events that can lead to PTSD are combat, rape, and child abuse. In women it is rape, sexual molestation, physical attack, child abuse, and a threat of bodily harm with a weapon.
- Q Should I see a doctor or psychologist if I have PTSD?
- Q How many veterans in the U.S. have post-traumatic stress disorder?
- Q How is post-traumatic stress disorder related to emotional trauma?
- Q How does post-traumatic stress disorder affect my quality of life?
- Q If I am diagnosed with PTSD, will it hurt my military career?
- Q How does post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) affect the body?