How can I prevent someone with Parkinson's disease from wandering?

If your loved one gets confused and wanders into dangerous places, placing a stop sign or photographic mural on tempting doorways may help keep them safe. A large red stop sign (10.25 inches square) sends an understandable message not to exit through a doorway or enter “off-limit” rooms. The sign mounts directly to the door with Velcro strips (included); it wipes clean with soap and water.

A photographic mural that looks like a set of bookshelves camouflages doorways to stairs and storage closets, effectively making them “disappear.” The 3-foot 2-inch by 8-foot 8-inch mural comes in two pieces for easy installation using double-faced tape (included).

Please note: These items are no substitute for locks on doors leading to dangerous areas.
Parkinson's Disease (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease can be distressing, and adjusting to the effects of the disease can be difficult. The second edition of Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier...

Continue Learning about Living With Parkinson's Disease

How can Parkinson's disease affect my handwriting?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Many people with Parkinson's disease find that their handwriting grows smaller and smaller with each...
How should I change my living room if I have Parkinson's disease?
Here are some tips for making your living room safer and more accessible if you have Parkinson's dis...
How Is Deep Brain Stimulation Used for Parkinson's?
What Is the Progression of the Parkinson's Disease?