How do I manage my Parkinson's disease on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

The most important thing to do when living with Parkinson's disease is to follow your doctor's orders. Your treatment plan will help keep you functioning as long as possible, so if you're directed to take medication daily, follow the routine. Beyond that, eating healthy and staying active can help you keep your mobility. A diet high in fiber has been helpful to some. As you go about daily life, take extra caution. Concentrate when walking and do your best to avoid falling.

Continue Learning about Living With Parkinson's Disease

How can I avoid writing if I have Parkinson's disease?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Bring along several preprinted, self-adhesive address labels (with your name and address) when you a...
Should I alert my fire department if I have Parkinson's disease?
It's a good idea to contact the local fire department about any special needs you might have sho...
Can Rigorous Exercise Stave Off the Symptoms of Parkinson's?
What Is the Integrative Side of Treating Parkinson's Disease?