How can I manage my medical care for Parkinson's disease?

Managing your medical care will be easier if all your doctors and specialists belong to the same medical practice or HMO, because all your medical records will be in one place. In addition, seeing other specialists in the group (orthopedists, physiatrists, occupational/physical therapists, speech/language pathologists, and psychologists/psychiatrists) can reduce the hassles of obtaining referrals and filling out endless paperwork at new doctors’ offices. Find out, too, if your insurance covers home health services for medical management in the home, physical therapy visits, and so on. You may be surprised at what is covered.
Parkinson's Disease (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease can be distressing, and adjusting to the effects of the disease can be difficult. The second edition of Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier...

Continue Learning about Living With Parkinson's Disease

What can I do if my Parkinson's disease causes me to drool?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
When drooling is a problem with your Parkinson's disease, chew gum. It helps remind you to swallow m...
How does Parkinson's disease affect facial expressions?
People with Parkinson’s disease sometimes experience the loss of facial expression (masked faces...
Do Some Parkinson's Meds Have a Timeframe Where They Stop Working?
What Is the Integrative Side of Treating Parkinson's Disease?