How can I manage my medical care for Parkinson's disease?

Managing your medical care will be easier if all your doctors and specialists belong to the same medical practice or HMO, because all your medical records will be in one place. In addition, seeing other specialists in the group (orthopedists, physiatrists, occupational/physical therapists, speech/language pathologists, and psychologists/psychiatrists) can reduce the hassles of obtaining referrals and filling out endless paperwork at new doctors’ offices. Find out, too, if your insurance covers home health services for medical management in the home, physical therapy visits, and so on. You may be surprised at what is covered.
Parkinson's Disease (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease can be distressing, and adjusting to the effects of the disease can be difficult. The second edition of Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier...

Continue Learning about Living With Parkinson's Disease

How can I make my home safe if I have Parkinson's disease?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Here are some safety provisions you can make in your house if you have Parkinson's disease:Put glow-...
What safety changes should I make in my home if I have Parkinson's disease?
If you have Parkinson’s disease, some of the easiest changes you can make include the following:...
What Causes Parkinson's Disease?
What Causes Parkinson's Disease?
What is Parkinson's Disease?
What is Parkinson's Disease?