How can I help someone with Parkinson's disease feel relaxed in bed?

Help the person with Parkinson's disease feel relaxed in the bedroom by implementing a few of these tips:

• Give the person a back or leg massage.
  • Keep a favorite blanket or pillow on the bed for comfort and security. Don’t purchase new linens without checking to see if the person with Parkinson's disease likes them. Bringing unfamiliar items into the environment can be very upsetting to people with Parkinson's disease, especially those who are confused or have dementia.
  • Use a night-light or leave the bathroom or hall light on to help keep the person with Parkinson's disease oriented to where she is.
Parkinson's Disease (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease can be distressing, and adjusting to the effects of the disease can be difficult. The second edition of Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier...

Continue Learning about Living With Parkinson's Disease

How can having Parkinson's disease affect communication?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Parkinson’s disease can affect communication in many ways. Your ability to speak can diminish becaus...
How can I make dressing easier if I have Parkinson's disease?
If you have Parkinson’s disease, these tips can help make dressing and undressing easier: Always dre...
Aside from Dopamine, Are there Other Things To Do for Restless Legs Syndrome?
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of the Disease?