How can I learn to do everyday tasks with Parkinson's disease?

Ask your doctor to prescribe evaluations by an occupational therapist (OT) and physical therapist (PT). An OT will help you discover new ways of doing simple, everyday tasks like dressing, eating, and cooking. He can show you how to simplify your work and daily activities and conserve your energy. A PT will help you with mobility and home accessibility. Ask for a home evaluation, and ask the OT and PT to make suggestions for making your home and daily activities safer, more accessible, and easier to manage.
Parkinson's Disease (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease can be distressing, and adjusting to the effects of the disease can be difficult. The second edition of Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier...

Continue Learning about Living With Parkinson's Disease

How can I move someone with Parkinson's disease in bed?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
If you need to move or reposition someone with Parkinson’s disease in bed, here is a technique you c...
How can I care for my teeth if I have Parkinson's disease?
If you have Parkinson’s disease, these tips can help you maintain good oral hygiene:After eating...
What Triggered the Use of Vigorous Exercise to Treat Parkinson's Disease?
What Are Therapies for Parkinson's Disease?