How can a support system help me deal with pancreatic cancer?

John A. Chabot
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
A patient's family and friends will be important members of a support network. Patients may find comfort in talking to their support network about emotions and physical feelings on a day to day basis. Patients may also need members of their support system to help with practical aspects of house chores and daily living during periods of his care.
Family and friends may be experiencing similar emotions and stresses to the patient. Talking openly about them can often help everyone cope with pancreatic cancer.

Continue Learning about Living With Pancreatic Cancer

How do I manage my stage 0 pancreatic cancer on a daily basis?
Because stage 0 cancer is the earliest stage, you may have a greater chance at successful treatment ...
How do I manage my stage 1 pancreatic cancer on a daily basis?
The most important thing you can do to manage your stage 1 pancreatic cancer is to follow your docto...
How do I manage my stage 3 pancreatic cancer on a daily basis?
The most important thing you can do to manage your stage 3 pancreatic cancer is to follow your docto...
How should I plan meals after pancreatic surgery?
Dr. John A. ChabotDr. John A. Chabot
In general, your goal should be to eat small meals throughout the day. In other words, have a li...