Is central pain syndrome serious?

For those who live with chronic and often excruciating pain, central pain syndrome may not be life threatening, but it can certainly alter the quality of life. It is not unusual for sufferers to experience depression, frustration, and anger, and to feel that their condition is not fully understood, sometimes even by doctors. When these individuals fail to find relief from their pain, life-threatening circumstances may arise as they may lose hope and become suicidal.

Continue Learning about Living With Pain

How will my pain be managed after surgery?
Dr. John Van der Werff, DDSDr. John Van der Werff, DDS
After oral surgery pain is controlled with local anesthetics and medications. The medications typica...
How do I benefit by holding on to pain?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
You must know that your attitude and outlook are within your control and that being unhappy is a cho...
How can I prevent pain while sleeping?
To help prevent pain while sleeping, make sure your mattress is on the firm, less-saggy side, and ch...
Can swearing help me cope with pain?
While you should avoid it front of the kids, research shows that your brain and body cope better...