How can osteoarthritis affect my income?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Osteoarthritis causes many people to miss work, which could lead to less productivity and lost income if sick days or paid time off are depleted. About 5% of all adults in the United States who have arthritis have a work limitation related to their condition. Even more lost income is possible if osteoarthritis leads to disability. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that osteoarthritis and other forms of arthritis have been the most common cause of disability for at least the past 15 years.

Continue Learning about Living with Osteoarthritis

What are the dietary recommendations for someone with osteoarthritis?
People with osteoarthritis should eat a healthy, low-fat diet. Maintaining a healthy weight through ...
How can having sex lessen osteoarthritis pain?
Some research suggests that having sex can improve joint pain in up to 70% of people with arthritis....
Does Having Psoriatic Arthritis Increase My Risk for Having Other Forms of Arthritis?
Can I Run If I Have Osteoarthritis in My Knee?