Why might my occupational therapist perform a home evaluation if I have MS?

Home evaluations are often conducted so that the occupational therapist may observe you in your home environment. This allows the therapist to identify barriers and potential risks, make appropriate recommendations for modifications, adaptations and equipment, and to recommend supervision, if needed. Training and instruction for your caregiver or family member will also be provided, if needed.

Continue Learning about Living With Multiple Sclerosis

4 Ways to Work Out When You Have Multiple Sclerosis
If you have multiple sclerosis (MS), you may feel as though maintaining a fitness routine is more than you can handle—after all, simply getting around...
How can I create more intimacy in my relationship if I have MS?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
If you have MS, symptoms such as decreased sensation, pain, fatigue, depression and decreased sex dr...
How can I cope with generalized anxiety disorder if I have MS?
There are self-help strategies that therapists recommend that may help in dealing with anxiety i...
What Is the Difference Between Relapsing-Remitting and Progressive MS?