Plant foods are rich in magnesium and vitamin K, both of which are important for bone health. A vegetarian or plant-based diet can provide excellent amounts of the B vitamins and folate. Significant relief for constipation, which may be a serious problem in MS, can be achieved by the high fiber content of the vegetarian diet. Those who consume more fruits and vegetables are also less prone to chronic infections. In addition, the rich supply of vitamins, minerals and trace elements obtained from fruits and vegetables are essential for optimal function of the immune system.
- Q What are the benefits of using a walking aid if I have multiple sclerosis?
- Q What forms of anger are seen in cases of multiple sclerosis?
- Q How can I make my kitchen easier to use if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q How should I prepare for a power outage if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q How can I achieve my life goals if I have fatigue from multiple sclerosis?
- Q Will there be loss of senses if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?