Plant foods are rich in magnesium and vitamin K, both of which are important for bone health. A vegetarian or plant-based diet can provide excellent amounts of the B vitamins and folate. Significant relief for constipation, which may be a serious problem in MS, can be achieved by the high fiber content of the vegetarian diet. Those who consume more fruits and vegetables are also less prone to chronic infections. In addition, the rich supply of vitamins, minerals and trace elements obtained from fruits and vegetables are essential for optimal function of the immune system.
- Q Having MS, how should I handle my relationship with my parents?
- Q How should I travel by car to an unfamiliar place if I have MS?
- Q What are some footwear tips if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q Having multiple sclerosis (MS), how can I get rid of frequent infections?
- Q How can I stay safe if I have numbness from multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q Can some bladder or bowel issues in people with MS be caused by aging?