How can I track how much water I'm drinking if I have multiple sclerosis?

If a multiple sclerosis (MS) medication requires that you drink a large quantity of water each day, fill a gallon jug (an empty milk carton works well) with water, put it in the refrigerator, and pour out one glass at a time. If you can't lift a water-filled gallon container, use four 16 oz. water or soda bottles instead. If even this is too difficult, put an empty gallon container next to the sink and every time you drink a fresh glass of cold water, pour an equal amount into the gallon container. When the container is full, you know you have had the prescribed amount of water. At the end of the day, use the water for cooking, water the plants, or tip the full container and gently pour the water into the sink.
Multiple Sclerosis (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

This completely revised second edition of Multiple Sclerosis: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier contains tips, techniques, and shortcuts to help MS patients organize and simplify their lives. With over...

Continue Learning about Living With Multiple Sclerosis

Can a Healthy Diet Help You Manage MS?
Can a Healthy Diet Help You Manage MS?
For patients managing multiple sclerosis, adopting long-term, healthy lifestyle behaviors may help manage symptoms and improve quality of life. One of...
How can I make my bathroom easier to use if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Here are some ways to make your bathroom easier to use if you have multiple sclerosis (MS): If y...
How can I treat vaginal dryness if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
The simplest method to cope with vaginal dryness if you have multiple sclerosis (MS) is to apply gen...
Which Stress Relievers Work for Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms?