How can people with multiple sclerosis find books that are easy to read?

If you have multiple sclerosis (MS), take advantage of the library's collection of large-print and audio books. The Large-Type Books in Print directory includes books and periodicals published in large print. This reference book is available at most major libraries.

The Book Clubs division of Doubleday & Company has a large-print home library. A wide range of full-length hardcover best-sellers, including fiction, mystery, romance, and how-to titles, are offered.

Find out if your local radio stations broadcast readings from novels. Public radio stations often have a program where a chapter is read from a current novel each day.

The Internet now offers books in electronic versions, including MP3 formats that can be downloaded and played back at your convenience.

Multiple Sclerosis (300 Tips for Making Life Easier)

This completely revised second edition of Multiple Sclerosis: 300 Tips for Making Life Easier contains tips, techniques, and shortcuts to help MS patients organize and simplify their lives. With over...

Continue Learning about Living With Multiple Sclerosis

4 Ways to Work Out When You Have Multiple Sclerosis
If you have multiple sclerosis (MS), you may feel as though maintaining a fitness routine is more than you can handle—after all, simply getting around...
Is it difficult for someone with MS to find a dating partner?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Dating is tough for everyone, regardless of age, sex, appearance, or status in life. Bookshelves lin...
How can I avoid losing my job if I have memory problems due to MS?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Moderate and severe problems with memory can hurt your career and even lead to job loss. As with phy...
What Emotional Issues Are Associated with Multiple Sclerosis?