How can the anxiety I have due to multiple sclerosis (MS) be treated?

If you have multiple sclerosis (MS) and you are experiencing anxiety, the treating physician will assess whether medication is indicated, but frequently, counseling is recommended as well, especially when anxiety is the primary complaint. Anxiety is something that people with MS often experience. It can be related to the normal course of events or be due to specific problems related or unrelated to the MS diagnosis. All anxiety does not require medications. In many cases anxiety can be minimized without drugs if the person with MS can understand what is causing anxiety.

Fatigue can also cause anxiousness. Therefore, people with MS need to learn how to effectively manage their fatigue. When a diagnosis of MS causes anxiety, becoming educated about the disease, joining a support group, or talking with a professional can help.

Continue Learning about Living With Multiple Sclerosis

4 Ways to Work Out When You Have Multiple Sclerosis
If you have multiple sclerosis (MS), you may feel as though maintaining a fitness routine is more than you can handle—after all, simply getting around...
How can I make my car easier to use if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
If you have multiple sclerosis (MS) many products will make your automobile more accessible, and...
What job accommodations can be helpful for a person with MS?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Below is a list of suggested job accommodations that may help a person with multiple sclerosis (MS):...
Is Depression a Common Symptom or Co-Condition of Multiple Sclerosis?