Children often have a full life span if hydrocephalus is caught early and treated. Infants who undergo surgical treatment to reduce the excess fluid in the brain and survive to age one will not have a shortened life expectancy due to hydrocephalus. Adults who develop hydrocephalus typically have a shortened life span.
- Q What is the prognosis for people with hydrocephalus?
- Q How long does congenital hydrocephalus last?
- Q How will acquired hydrocephalus affect my lifestyle?
- Q How do I care for someone with congenital hydrocephalus?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with hydrocephalus?
- Q How do I manage hydrocephalus on a daily basis?