How do I manage acquired hydrocephalus on a daily basis?

Since acquired hydrocephalus is treated with surgical procedures, this condition does not necessarily require daily treatment. Children who are treated for acquired hydrocephalus with a shunt may need additional surgeries to insert new shunts to accommodate their growth or replace a shunt if infection occurs. If the area around the shunt does become infected, you will need to take medications such as antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Living With Hydrocephalus

What is the prognosis of normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH)?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
The symptoms of normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) usually get worse over time if the condition is ...
How do I care for someone with congenital hydrocephalus?
The most important thing you can do when caring for someone with congenital hydrocephalus is seek im...
How do I care for an older adult with acquired hydrocephalus?
Acquired hydrocephalus can affect anyone at any age after birth and is caused by other condition...
Are there any coping resources for someone with hydrocephalus?
Coping resources for people and families affected by hydrocephalus can be found through hospitals, g...