How do I manage my glaucoma on a daily basis?

There are many simple ways to manage your glaucoma on a daily basis. If you are suffering from glaucoma, you should drink small amounts of liquid throughout the day, rather than drinking a lot in a short amount of time. Too much liquid can cause an increase in the pressure of your eyes. If you have been prescribed eye drops, then you should be careful to follow instructions exactly and apply the drops throughout the day. Regular use of medication can reduce any possible side effects. Small exercise movements may also help decrease eye pressure, but some exercise could actually put you at risk for increased eye pressure if you have pigmentary glaucoma.

Continue Learning about Living With Glaucoma

Is over-the-counter sleep medication safe to take with glaucoma?
George A. Williams, MDGeorge A. Williams, MD
Many over-the-counter medications have warnings for patients with glaucoma. These medications can sh...
Does smoking make glaucoma worse?
Louis B. Cantor, MDLouis B. Cantor, MD
The scientific literature is inconclusive with regard to a relationship between smoking and the ...
What are the dietary recommendations for someone with glaucoma?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
For chronic glaucoma' a generally healthful diet is recommended with a focus on foods high in vitami...
Can toxoplasmosis compromise the treatment for glaucoma?
Louis B. Cantor, MDLouis B. Cantor, MD
Macular scarring from previous toxoplasmosis in the retina will  not compromise or in any way alter ...